At The James Clinic, we offer new and existing patients examinations, diagnosis and treatment plans. We advise patients to see a dentist at least once a year and a hygienist at least twice a year.
A consultation with a dentist must be booked in advance and is free with your PRSI contribution once a year. If you do not have PRSI contribution, the fee is €30.
When you visit us for your scheduled dental consultation, in addition to talking to you about all your dental experiences and concerns, we’ll perform a detailed examination of your whole mouth to examine your oral health.
If you are visiting The James Clinic for the first time, your initial consultation will be a little longer than a routine examination, as your dentist will need to fully discuss with you the full range of your health and oral health matters, so that they can gain a complete picture of your dental needs.
Some of the specific things we look for or check are:
- Assess your overall health
- Evaluate your risk of tooth decay
- Examine for root caries
- Examine for gum disease (Periodontal disease)
- Examine your jaw and bite for problems
- Take radiographs (X-rays) or if needed carry out other diagnostic procedures
- Assess your need for restoration or tooth replacement, such as direct restorations (fillings, root canal) or indirect restorations (crowns, veneers, inlays) and solutions for missing teeth (dentures, bridges or implants)
- Oral (mouth) cancer check
- Evaluate your fluoride exposure (through hygiene products and diet)