Dr. Seif Mohamed
My area of expertise is in periodontics, dental implants and oral surgery. Periodontal means ‘around the tooth’ and as part of this, I deal with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases and disorders of the gums. Oral surgery includes surgical extraction, surgical removal of impacted wisdom teeth and canine exposure for orthodontic alignment. I love that every day is different for me as I cover such a wide variety of treatments here at The James Clinic!
I qualified from University of Khartoum, Sudan in 1989 as a general dentist. I completed my specialist training in periodontics and dental implants in Trinity College, Dublin from 2005 to 2008. I was working as a clinical teacher at Dublin Dental University Hospital for seven years. I lecture post-graduate students at University of Khartoum, Sudan on Saturday afternoons. The perks of technology!
I chose dentistry as I have always been interested in medicine and working with patients. I believe I have excel lent hand skills that make me more interested in dentistry in particular. I love the surgical aspect of dentistry and really enjoy placing dental implants and changing patients’ lives.
To me, dentistry is a combination of art and science. It is a fascinating and challenging field to work in. It requires continuous learning and keeping your knowledge and skills up to date – college isn’t over when you graduate!
I have three top tips for good oral hygiene:
- Have regular check-ups with your dentist
- Schedule a cleaning session with your hygienist at least once a year
- Brush your teeth twice a day and use TePe brushes or floss for interdental cleaning
Five fun facts about me are:
- I love singing and often can be heard singing to the staff in the clinic
- I really enjoy playing soccer
- I love going to the gym, my favourite is the steam room and sauna
- I love travelling and my favourite holidays were in Barcelona and Milan
- I love attending live music events and dancing